EMC Announces New Innovation in Software Defined Storage with ECS2.2
Business Wire IndiaNews Highlights:
- ECS is a software-defined, object-based cloud storage platform that provides global scale with up-to-exabyte capacity with compelling economics
- ECS enables data analytics that can harvest valuable insights while greatly simplifying cloud and IoT application development
(NYSE:EMC) today announced the newest version of ECS (EMC Elastic Cloud Storage), v2.2 essential for organizations trying to keep up with the blazing pace of digital transformation. Built from the ground up, ECS 2.2 can provide organizations a global scale with up-to-exabyte capacity with compelling economics and can handle the massive burden generated by object data from mobile devices, social media and the Internet of Things (IoT), that many traditional storage platforms aren’t designed to handle.
Some of the new features that EMC ECS 2.2 delivers on are:
Anantharaman Balakrishnan, Country Head, EMC Global Services India
“With the industry’s most complete suite of software-defined storage (SDS) solutions, EMC is firmly committed to helping organizations harness today’s digital transformation. A key part of EMC’s SDS portfolio, ECS is a software-defined, object-based cloud storage platform that can enable the software-defined enterprise for efficiencies in 2nd platform applications and build new 3rd platform applications that deliver innovation in business models and technology infrastructure”
- ECS can be deployed on certified hardware or as a turnkey appliance.
- With native support for multiple protocols (like AWS S3, OpenStack Swift, HDFS), ECS breaks down dedicated storage silos. With native NFS support, ECS can also support file data without the need for a file gateway.
- With ECS, users can search metadata across exabytes of unstructured data without a dedicated database. This enables data analytics that can harvest valuable insights while greatly simplifying cloud and IoT application development.
- ECS further lowers the storage overhead for cold archive scenarios. A new single-pane-of-glass view that provides complete system health can help customers to reduce operational costs.
- With “data at rest” encryption support, users can apply protection to business-critical data. ECS also fully complies with SEC 17 a-4(f) and CFTC 1.31(b)-(c) regulations.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing
. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset – information – in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com
Photo Caption: EMC Elastic Cloud Storage